As an all-volunteer non-profit, Penn Hills Soccer Association is always looking for help to continue to offer soccer to the Penn Hills community. Volunteer coaches, who work directly with our players, are the foundation of our organization. You do not need to know about soccer or have any experience coaching soccer. In-house voluteer coaches are reimbursed up to 100% of their player's registration fees (only 1 reimbursment per team coached). For volunteer coaches that coach in the fall, you will be reimbursed 50% of your player's registration fee at the end of the fall session. For volunteer coahces that coach in the spring, you will be reimbursed 50% of your player's registration fee at the end of the spring session. For coaches that coach both sessions, they will end up being reimbursed 100% of their player's registration fees.
We ask that voluteer coaches have the following qualities:
- Like working with your child and children in your child's age group
- Have the ability to have fun
- Be able to laugh at yourself
- Be able to effectively communicate about game & practice times with other parents
Volunteers are required to obtain the following and upload them to your Sports Connect Account:
1. State Police Criminal Record Check (provided free to volunteers): CLICK HERE
or copy and paste the following link: https://epatch.pa.gov
2. PA Child Abuse History Clearance (provided free to volunteers): CLICK HERE
or copy and paste the following link: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
3. If you have been a PA resident for at least the past 10 years please a complete and notarize a Volunteer affidavit: CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
4. If you have NOT been a PA resident for at least the past 10 years you will need to obtain and FBI clearance: CLICK HERE
or copy and pate this link: https://uenroll.identogo.com/
This link will take you to the page managed by Identogo for the Commonwealth of PA to help individuals attain an FBI clearance. The service code to apply for volunteer fingerprinting is 1KG6ZJ. The approximate cost will be 21.35.
5. Safesport must be completed annually: CLICK HERE then contact us for the Enrollment Key.
Select US Soccer as the organization. The training is free.