As an all-volunteer non-profit, Penn Hills Soccer Association is always looking for help to continue to offer soccer to the Penn Hills community. Volunteer coaches, who work directly with our players, are the foundation of our organization. You do not need to know about soccer or have any experience coaching soccer. In-house voluteers coaches are reimbursed up to 100% of their player's registration fees (only 1 reimbursement per team coached). For volunteer coaches that coach in the fall, you will be reimbursed 50% of your player's registration fee at the end of the fall session. For volunteer coahces that coach in the spring, you will be reimbursed 50% of your player's registration fee at the end of the spring session. For coaches that coach both sessions, they will end up being reimbursed 100% of their player's registration fees.
We ask that volunteer coaches have the following qualities:
STEPS FOR COACHING
- Like working with your child and children in your child's age group
- Have the ability to have fun
- Be able to laugh at yourself
- Be able to effectively communicate about game & practice times with other parents
- Please enroll and complete the FREE INTRO COURSE online grassroots coaching course provided by U.S. Soccer: CLICK HERE or copy and paste the link into your browser: https://learning.ussoccer.com/coach
When you finish the course take a screen shot showing the "completed" portion and save the file.
- Next go to our volunteer section here and follow the steps to complete the clearance paperwork.
- Login to your Sports Connect account and upload the documents to your profile.